Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Monday


It is grey and foggy in SOBE today. Great motivational studying weather. I don't feel the desire to kick off my shoes and run to the beach. I am perfectly happy to sit here and work while I peek out the window at the alley and examine the tiny patch of sky that is visible from the apartment. Caramel coffee is in the french press, and there is leftover sushi waiting for me in the fridge. On second thought, that dragon roll might have to wait til lunch. Sushi for breakfast isn't really my thing. I wonder if they eat it in Japan?
The weekend was good. J.W. came to Miami. It is so nice to be hugged. It is so nice to be held and cuddled and to hold hands when walking down the street. We went to Fairchild gardens, and saw the latest art installation by Yayoi Kusama. She created 3 whimsical pieces for the gardens. You can check it out here: http://www.fairchildgarden.org/art-at-fairchild/Yayoi-Kusama-/. We haven't been to Fairchild in ages so it was nice to wander around the garden looking at the flowers and touching the art work even though we weren't supposed to. I had a free pass to get in from working at the nature center, and I had left it in my bag. When I pulled it out to give to the ticket lady it had a piece of mint gum stuck on the back. I apologized but she made a huge production of pulling the gum off and glaring at me. Of course she is the one that looked dumb since she was touching my old chewed on gum.
After the gardens we went to Pinecrest fruit stand, home of the best smoothies known to man. All of the ingredients are as fresh as can be, and they also make all sorts of frozen yogurt shakes, and homemade lunch goodies that you can get out of the refrigerator like tuna wraps, waldorf chicken salad, homemade empanadas, and rice and beans. Oh how I LOVE Pinecrest fruit stand. We ate our strawberry smoothies at Merrie Christmas park in the gables beneath the biggest banyan trees that you have ever seen, and then went on to Merrick park to have some beers and listen to the reggae band playing on the green. I treated JW to a nice italian birthday dinner at VIlaggio, and then we went home and walked around SOBE. It was a perfect day. I really love my life when he is here. He makes everything prettier and nicer. Sunday was reserved for snuggling in bed and crosswords and a lazy lunch followed by more cuddling. We were truly lazy and it felt soooo good.
So here I am, a little sad that JW is back in Gainesville on to his next rotation, and I am here. Watching the rain pour down the sides of the building across the alley, and sipping my caramel coffee.

over and out,

Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment