Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Novice blogger


As a card carrying member of the so called generation X, I feel that I ought to know more about this e-world, and blogging etc. but I know almost nothing. Lately I have felt the need for an outlet for my thoughts and hand written journals seem to fail me as I get tired of writing after only a few minutes. Typing however, I could do that for ages. So here it goes.... my first foray into the blogging world.
Right now, I am at loose ends. My masters thesis is looming over my head, and my future seems totally unclear. The whole business of deciding what to do with my life, where to go, where to apply, who to talk to, what to write about is completely overwhelming to me. I am not particularly adept at dealing with stress, so what do I do? Stay curled up in my bed until 12 pm of course, read books that have nothing to do with my degree, try to do the washington post crossword puzzle without cheating, try on all of my roommates high heels and look at myself in the mirror, practice walking in them, paint my nails, clean my room. ANYTHING except work on the endless excel files, or research for my thesis. God forbid I should actually make progress towards graduating. If I graduate what then? A mad hunt for a job where I will sit behind a desk feeling unfulfilled and sad at the fact that life didn't turn out the way I imagined it would? No thanks. So for now, I will watch the 7 o'clock news (which is just a repeat of the 6 pm news) and blog. Because at least when I am done writing there will be something on the page, and I wont feel so worthless even if it is a selfish pursuit, and has nothing to do with my degree or school or anything that I should be working on.

Over and out,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment