Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kiss me (even though I'm not Irish)

Today is St. Patrick's Day, and everyone is prancing about in their token green bits and bobs threatening to pinch those who forgot and didn't wear a stitch of green (that's me). In order to console myself I went shopping just to get one thing, and ended up buying way too much. I will probably be dying of guilt tomorrow and return half of it, and another day will be wasted in the pursuit of the perfect wardrobe instead of on my thesis. I am not meaning to sound so pathetic and annoying, but this grad school stuff really has me down. I might not ever get through it. My worst fear is that at the end of the semester, I will still have nothing to show for myself, and I will be hopelessly lost, and all of my professors will be fed up with me, no longer finding my neurosis cute or charming, and they will kick me to the curb, and everyone at school will know that I am a complete and total failure. I get so stressed out thinking about it that I stop breathing.

On a completely unrelated note, Juliet and Charlotte are home. They are the two little girls who live in the apartment above mine, and I can only say that they are so exceedingly loud that they give me at least one headache each day, and sometimes I am reduced to standing on my bed or the sofa and pounding the ceiling with a broomstick until I get an equally loud and angry series of stomps back from their mother, and then a torrent of french curse words followed by an entire day of irate stomping and chair screeching and other unpleasantness that could only be created by an entire herd of water buffalo or elephants on the African savanna, or just maybe 3 very petite and angry french people. Oooooh how I loathe them all. So, I can hear Juliet and Charlotte upstairs, probably training for cirque de soleil or something because there is more thumping than usual. How can I possibly work on my thesis with them thumping and bumping and carrying on the way they are? Obviously I can't so I will just have to make dinner, and watch television for a few hours, and then maybe maybe maybe I might be able to do some work.

over and out,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment